Tuesday 27 October 2009

Wasted day? Oh no.

"What a wasted day!" I thought to myself as I realised that I had sat at my computer all day. I had so many plans for today. I was going to start peeling and soaking the pickling onions. They are still sitting in their skins.

I was going to write a christmas present list. I know it's still two months away, but i am making all my gifts this year. The paper is still blank.

I was going to research recipes for pickles and preserves and write a list of ingredients I need. I still don't know what I need.

And I was going to sort through my card making things to see what I need to make christmas (sorry, there it is again) cards. Needless to say I didn't do it!

I have completely wasted a whole day!

But wait just a minute..... I have chatted with at least half a dozen friends and family members through facebook and messenger, how is that wasting time? If it wasn't for my PC I wouldn't keep in touch as much as I do. Yes, there is the telephone, but it costs money and is not always convenient. I know typing messages is not the same as hearing a loved one's voice, but today I got to see instant pictures of my friend's little baby girl. And had a chat with my much loved niece in Spain.
My nieces and nephew's are spread out all over the length of the Country ( and Spain) and untill I had Facebook I didn't speak to or hear from them from one yaer to the next, now I chat to them regularly and keep up to date with what is going on in their lives. I have got to know them. So, no, I have not wasted the day. I have spent some valuable time catching up with much loved family members and friends. What could be more important?

3 comments:

  1. Well it is good to keep in touch with friends and family, but it won't pickle those onions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Like Philips notes, it is indeed good to keep in touch with friends and family. So your day, like you mention, was not wasted.
    You are also discovering that blogging can be a most positive, therapeutic outlet.
    I have found that the interaction within the blogging community to be a good way of verbalising my feelings.
    Happy blogging and please keep going.
    With respect, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I so agree with you, having recently reconected with high school chums. There's a reunion planned and I simply can't wait. Lots of years have passed.

    I too use to think I was wasting time, but as I go along a priority list is close by. The things I truly want to do are always done because I want to do them.

    Sending you positive wishes that those cards and 'cuties' get fair time from you! I can hear the joy in your writing. Enjoy your life.

    Love and hope, Dixie

    ReplyDelete