Saturday 5 September 2009

The Home Counties

So, it's been a while since my last blog. One reason for this is that I have not been at home much recently. I have been 'camping' it up in different parts of the country. I have been 'under cover' in Kent, and loitering with in'tent' in Leek.



Having lived half my life down South I thought I knew the area. My view of Kent was tainted by my experience of the small part of the County where I had grown up. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is more to it.



I recently visited Tenterden which is very close to the Sussex boarder, I don't recall ever having been there before. The countryside is spectacular, the natives are friendly and, best of all the climate is much more agreeable.



After a really great week in Tenterden, where I must add, I enjoyed the freedom of a naturist beach for the very first time! we moved on to Staffordshire. Whilst there, we did some monkeying around at Monkey Forest in Trentham. If you ever get the chance to go, take it. It is a real privilege to walk among these fascinating little creatures whilst they carry on with the business of life. We saw tiny infant macaques clinging to their mothers and juveniles at play in the trees. I know I leave myself open to comment here, but I felt so at home with these wonderful animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment